Friday, January 15, 2010

A Little Vacation...

After this crazy new collection rush, we are taking a few days off. I will be on the sandy beaches of El Salvador recharging my batteries to get our creative juices flowing when we reopen on January 26. This will be my first vacation without Henri (thanks mom!)... I'm going to miss him soooo much!

Meanwhile if you need some patterns, the following stores should have the patterns you need:
I will be packing mostly bikinis for the week, but I wanted to have a one-piece suit, just in case. As usual, I called mom to the rescue for some last-minute sewing. We taped 2916 bodice to 2800 panties (I didn't want a seam at the waist) and I now have a cute one-piece with a pinch front and spaghetti straps that criss-cross across the open back. Not great for sun bathing, but much more fun than a sporty speedo-type. Also, it's made from fabric that has been in our stash for ages... and it FITS! Can't beat that!

I will share pics of the pattern and of the bathing suit (flat on the table... not on me... unless I come back with an amazing tan and boosted confidence!).

    3 comments:

    Deepika said...

    Have a great time Emilie. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back... Maybe Gagan and I will plan a vacation there too!

    Ann's Fashion Studio said...

    Have a great vacation :)

    GARY said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.