Last but not Least...

Classic style with a modern twist... and without the bulk! I loooove draped knit cardigans. They look awesome when they are wrapped on models... but for some reason (I wonder if it's only me) I can never get them to stay wrapped nicely for more than 5 minutes and I end up taking them off after a while because I get tired of all that fabric hanging... And I end up thinking I look big because of the extra volume in the front... Not good..

Since we thought that other people were in the same situation... We are proud to show you the new "Jalie Cardi". It has the draped look we all like, ease around the hips, but no fabric getting in the way! The lovely pleats that run from shoulder seams down to the waist not only give it a unique look, but it keeps the garment flattering and fitted where it should be. The pointy shawl collar also adds a little je-ne-sais-quoi :)

The cardigan hit around the hips area, but if your fabric stretches a lot and is a bit on the heavy side, it might look a little longer (see the difference between the vest and the long-sleeved cardi?).

 Here is a close-up of the pleats:




NEW COLLECTION UPDATE

Septuplets... 38'' x 50'', 1/4 lbs each... Sending the pattern files to the printer somehow feels like labour & delivery (just as stressful and tiring, but without the pain of course)!

If everything goes as planned, the new patterns should be ready to ship around Dec. 22-23. Since many of you will probably be anywhere but sitting at your computer, ready to place a pattern order a few days before Christmas, we will accept pre-orders (probably starting later this week or early next week).

I'm pretty sure that a few online retailers will also do the same. I will keep you posted as we go through the printing-folding-shipping-packaging steps... I will also let you know when online retailers outside Canada setup their catalogs to accept pre-ordres.

Now ladies, let's all keep our fingers crossed so that everything stays on schedule!

Comments

Kathi said…
Very, very cute!!
Yeah about the preordering! That means we will get to see everything VERY SOON! Plus, we will be able to place our orders! Even if we do have to wait a little while for the patterns to arrive. That's okay, I have lots of things I need to finish first.
Thanks for this final sneak peak and update!
Absolutely love this style. I will be in for the pre-order :) & where did you buy the printed fabric and that beautiful blue?????
Tina said…
Is there somewhere to view the patterns that are coming out soon?
Emilie@Jalie said…
Ann - Both fabrics are from Tania (in Quebec City), but I've seen the print in Montreal too (on St-Hubert St... I think it was Madeleine Soie et Laine but I'm not 100% sure.

Tina - I will write a post to let you know when the patterns are uploaded on our website.
sdBev said…
Where is the link to pre-order?
Emilie@Jalie said…
Patterns should be available for pre-order only later this week or early next week. I will add a post when patterns are available for pre-order.
Lynn J said…
WANT!!!

Gimme my cardi pattern NOW!!!

Oops...PLEASE!

*grin*

Love it! Just head over heels LOVE it!
cidell said…
LOVE the pleats!
BeccaA said…
Wow! Such great patterns! I can't wait. The less bulky cardi is exactly what I need. I've hesitated to make a cardi for precicely the reasons you list.
Emilie,Thank you for the fabric source :)
Carolyn said…
I've just ordered the cardi pattern. It looks wonderful with the pleats. I have two purchasd lightweight knit cardis that are absolute staples in my current wardrobe. Looking forward to sewing up a few more!
Nishant said…
I need to finish first.
Thanks for this final sneak peak and update!

Work from home India

Popular posts from this blog

Vanessa Jogger Shorts // Pattern Hack (Jalie 3676)

New Collection - The Éléonore Pull-On Jeans