Like Father, Like Son

My mom made the cutest little softshell jacket today AND a bigger one for Frédéric (my boyfriend/Henri's dad) too!



Frédéric is 6'2" tall, has looong arms and 40" chest so she used Women's Softshell Jacket Pattern 2679 in size Y and lengthened the pattern (pieces B, C, E, F) by 2 inches just below the pocket. She lengthened the bottom part of the sleeve (piece I) by 2 inches. For Henri's jacket, she made size G as is.

I can't wait to get home tonight to see how they fit!

The fabric is a light blue-grey Power Shield 7796 that we bought from Malden Mills a few years ago. This fabric is 4-way stretch (suuuper comfortable), blocks wind, is water repellant AND very easy to sew!

I checked on Mill Direct Textiles' website and they don't seem to have any in stock, but some stores seem to carry it:

Peak Fabrics
Seattle Fabrics

If you plan on buying online, please make sure the fabric stretches. Some Power Shield styles do not stretch and you definitely need some stretch for a comfy 2679 jacket.

Comments

Father and son will look great in these. I'm anxious to see dad wearing his...my son is that tall and I never thought of using this pattern for him or my husband :)Thanks for the links.
Dawn said…
I have this pattern and love it. I hadn't thought of it for a men's/boy's pattern. This might be my son's next jacket. I have some great Polartec300 that's stretchy.
Marie said…
The two jackets look so cool! I was wondering if Jalie is planning to do some Boy/Mens jeans patterns in the future?? Please!! Pretty please!!

Popular posts from this blog

Vanessa Jogger Shorts // Pattern Hack (Jalie 3676)

New Collection - The Éléonore Pull-On Jeans