Friday, June 5, 2009

Embarassing...

One whole month without a single post...

May has been pretty busy but since most of it was brainstorming/prototyping, I can't write much about it :)

The highlight of the month was - hands down - meeting Pattern Review members in Portland for PR Weekend 2009. It was a real treat to meet with some Jalie fans (Melissa brought 17 Jalie pieces in her luggage!!!) and I met incredibly creative and talented people during those three days or fabric shopping / conference and sewing chit chat.

It was my first trip since Henri was born and I thought it would be hard to be away from him for 4 days... but I the weekend just flew by and I only realized I really missed him when I was about to sing a lullaby to the toddler being me on the plane who cried during the whole flight from Chicago to Quebec City (Yes - we do have an airport in Quebec City!!!), driving pretty much everyone on board crazy (except me of course!)...

Being the world's absolute worst procratinator, my Portland pictures are STILL on my memory card... But for those of you who don't know what PR Weekends are, you can read more about it on Pattern Review and take a look at these blogs:

Miss Celie's Pants
Loohoo Originals
Assorted Notions

I can't wait to go to Philly next year for PR Weekend 2010! We might even attend PR Europe (Paris) in November... Paris + fabric + fun sewing enthusiasts.... How could we resist?

6 comments:

Kath said...

We're planning a PR Weekend in Montreal for June 2010. I hope you can come!

Alex said...

And hopefully the one in Montreal. The planning process is just beginning! I'm not sure if the date is official yet.

Nancy W. said...

It was so fun meeting you in Portland. I wish I could go to Paris, but that won't happen this year. I'm definitely shooting for Philly next spring though.

Emilie@Jalie said...

PR MONTREAL 2010!!!! Are you serious??!! That would be awesome! Of course I would be there!

Jill said...

I wasn't sure where to ask this question so I thought the newest post would work. I saw in your diaper video that you use a babylock espire. My sewing machine just broke and I was looking at that model. I have read some reviews and one person said it has trouble with denim. Did you use the espire when making the jeans and if so did you have any trouble? I would greatly appreciate any feedback about the machine. I do mainly clothing and quilts.

Emilie@Jalie said...

Jill - Could you please send an email to "mail@jalie.com"? I will get back to you with more information you need about the Baby Lock Espire :)